Victorian Goat Silverplate Napkin Ring
Victorian Goat Silverplate Napkin Ring. 3.5 x 2 x 2. From Meriden.
Organized in 1869, the company was acquired by H. C. Wilcox, President of [Meriden Britannia Co.] in 1870. After International Silver Co. was formed in 1898, the business was moved into the Meriden Britannia Co. plant. Its large glass cutting department was combined with that of the Wilcox Silver Plate Co. and continued producing a fine line of cut glass until 1915, under the name of Meriden Cut Glass Co. During the early 1900’s Meriden Britannia Co. produced an extensive line of medium priced silverplated hollowware under the trademark of the Meriden Silver Plate Co. It continued in active use until 1938.